Find Out How to Market Your HVAC Business Using Your Website
As a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning business owner, one of the most important lead generation tactics you need to know is how to market your HVAC business online. Because you are a local business owner, it’s surprisingly easy to build an online presence in your own community – and that makes sense, because you really only want to attract customers within your service area.
Does Your Website Market Your HVAC Business Effectively?
There’s a lot that goes into building an effective online presence with your website. Your site itself needs to be attractive, engaging, and easy to navigate. It also needs to work perfectly on mobile devices.
Then there’s SEO, Local SEO, Reputation Marketing, Pay Per Click, Facebook Advertising, and Retargeting for starters. (If you’d like help with any of these tactics, we have a team we work with who’ll take good care of you.)
All of those tactics send prospective customers to your website – which is great… if they like what they read there.
Is Your HVAC Website Content Helping Or Hurting You?
You want your website content to draw prospects in so they want to find out more. You want them skimming through your pages getting to know about you and your services so they begin to feel confident that you can help them.
The text on your pages needs to engage the people who are searching for HVAC services – but it also needs to make Google recognize you as an expert in your field. That’s not an easy balance to strike.
The best way to make sure your website visitors hang around a while is to use text that feels like you’re talking to them – like a normal conversation. Most business owners have a really hard time writing about their own business in a way that makes sense and is easy and interesting to read.
Great HVAC Website Content Can…
- Increase traffic to your site
- Make prospects eager to call you for service
- Increase your Google Page Rank, helping you get more and higher listings on the results page
- Help your prospects know, like, and trust you more
- Shorten your sales cycle as prospects educate and persuade themselves by reading your content
On the other hand, poorly written website content can do some serious damage to your marketing efforts. Here are just a few common website content problems:
- Keyword spamming – hated by all readers, human and otherwise.
- Duplicate content – websites that use the same content that’s been published somewhere else are virtually dismissed by Google.
- Grammatical and spelling errors – Nothing sends visitors elsewhere faster.
- Too much jargon – Your visitors don’t want to learn all the technical names for what’s in their HVAC system; they just want you to fix it.
- No call to action – Every page should tell your visitors what they should do next… otherwise they will do nothing.
Want Your HVAC Website to Become One of Your Best Salespeople?
More than the images and layout on your website, the words you choose can either send it to the top of the search engines, or leave it buried on page 43 where your prospective customers will never find it. Writing web contents is a specialized skill that combines search engine optimization, wordsmithing, and gentle persuasion.website, the words you choose can either send it to the top of the search engines, or leave it buried on page 43 where your prospective customers will never find it. Writing web contents is a specialized skill that combines search engine optimization, wordsmithing, and gentle persuasion.